Friday, December 7, 2007

Simple Trees

I saw this beautiful card here: Twisted Chick Creations and wanted to make one so badly especially since I have that Christmas set with that sentiment coming in the mail to me...I tried to wat for it to get here but I just couldn't so I used what I had and made 2 cards.

This first one was my first try and when I showed my husband he said it needed more "3-d ness" to it....and that the trees were a little tight together. He was right but it was my 1st try, KWIM, so as I was putting the trees down, and I saw that they were too close it was too late to change it since they were already stuck. I use Tombow Mono-Multi glue and there is no turing back with that stuff! Once it's down it's down forever!

So, for my 2nd card I planned the layout a little better and spaced the trees out and put some under the front layer of "ground" to give it that "3-d ness" that was suggested. I also used the pretty Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper that I have been holding onto for "later" that I got at Jacksonbelle's and some silver diamond shaped brads that I thought I would never use for anything.
I think this 2nd card came out much better than the 1st, don't you?

I think I only have about 20 more Christmas cards to make. I am going to try to get them all done this weekend so I don't have to think about Christmas cards anymore this year!! Except for the cards I recieve, of course!

7 comments:

  1. They're both amazing, but DH was right, the 2nd one is even better! Great job on the Xmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jimmi, it looks like you work really well under pressure! Your Christmas cards are absolutely beautiful and unique and special. You put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn McVey (dawnsing)December 8, 2007 at 11:10 PM

    Very cute Jimmi -- I like them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love the paper piecing I have been seeing lately! There is so much gorgeous paper out there it is a great way to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been TAGGED!!! Visit my blog for details
    http://kimme-thelifeofaprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing all your Christmas cards! Great ideas for next year :) I like the CB backgrounds, and the trees a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU TALK TO ME!
Have a fabulous day!